Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Celebrutality Vol. 3 Not So Simple!

Last night, while killing fifteen hours waiting for stoned hipsters to materialize at a musical performance so Nick Hennies and I could begin playing our music, FF and me and Nick and the fab-o Ms. Sitar were all chatting.

Hennies mentioned that he thought that the group A Simple Plan should be in the celebrutality category of totally-not- famous-but-somehow-considered-famous-maybe-by-people-
we-don't-know-and-also-me-because-I-know-who-they-are-
but-they-don't-know-me.
Moreso even than the evil Good Charlotte, sayeth Mister Nick!

I objected at the time. After all, I said, A Simple Plan are pivotal to the plot of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olson's masterpiece New York Minute. I explained that New York Minute happens to feature the greatest scene of all time: Punk-rock crazygirl Ashley or MK reciting a whole verse of "Complicated" by "Professor" Avril Lavigne during a speech contest where she is pretending to be AWOL buttoned-down/smartypants Ashley or MK. Hilarious!

So. Are A Simple Plan celebrutality-worthy, and I am just being stubborn?

2 comments:

femme feral said...

Poor little Olsens. They are so cute when they go stage diving at the simple plan video shoot in NYM. And that had one of those cute China Crested Dogs (you know, the one without the hair).

I'm not sure about simple plan. I don't really know anything about them, and I can't recall any of their songs.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure about simple plan. I don't really know anything about them, and I can't recall any of their songs.

Exactly.