Thursday, May 12, 2005

Meet the Barkers? No Thanks.


the barkers


It'd be different if we actually liked Blink 182 or something. But c'mon!! They're such cheesy copycats (And it's not like we ever got rid of our Descendents or 7 seconds or Bad Religion or Screeching Weasle records!) And it might be different if the mallification of America hadn't already spread the gospel of Hot Topic to the farthest corners of this country's nether regions ( wear a mohawk! grr!! snarl! Dye your hair purple!! Wear black! Get a tattoo!! Back off suburbia!!!). And it might be different if we didn't already have a show about newlyweds (duh, Newlyweds) or the family of a real badass "prince of darkness rock star" (The Osbournes).

Basically, if alot of things were different we might actually be interested in MTV's Meet the Barkers.

Sure, a baby in a diaper with a little baby mohawk is cute. And the little girl is cute too. But that ain't enough when the two grown-ups are sooooo unlikable!

MTV brags that Travis is "not just a musician but also an entrepreneur" (no shit). And about Shanna, a "working actress" they tell us that she"recently completed a guest starring appearance in the ABC show Jake in Progress starring John Stamos" (Oh wow -- isn't that the gig the Olsens turned down). Wow. They are so. punk. rock. But they are also rich!!! ha ha ha! nudge, nudge. soooo ironic.

We'd give you more reasons why we didn't like this stupid show, but we couldn't even sit through five minutes of it in order to give you a more thorough analysis.

Sorry (not!)

T-minus five days until Chaotic!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are retarded. Who cares what you think? It doesn't look like MTV does, since they are airing another season of Meet the Barkers. And another thing, Travis and Shanna don't give a crap what you guys think either. NO ONE DOES!! You guys are just jealous that they are so successful, and you guys will never be successful as them. In 20 years, you'll probably still be living in your parents house with your 20 kids!!

femme feral said...

wow, the barkers have some serious fans. but if you don't care what I think, then why are you even bothering to comment?

and seriously, the ramones and the descendents are really good. worth checking out if you like blink 182, since blink basically does a modern version of what they did. And I highly recommend rock and roll high school (a ramones movie). It's about a bunch of kids who don't give a shit what other people think. you'd probably like it.

kisses...ff

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Barkers!! I think they are absolutely awesome... Travis & Shanna are such a nice people if you get the chance to know them. (Not only are they funny, but they are also polite yet curteous!!) Unless you know these people, you have no idea who they are and what their lives are remotely like. Trav is an excellent drummer and a sucessful businessmen. Both Shane & Trav network with various people for their career and endure similar struggles any new couple may have in a marriage as well as having children on board.

Thanks for letting me say my piece..

Later :)

Anonymous said...

I thing the last to blogs you must know them personaly. When I watch the show, there not really around there children most of the time! How can you say there good parents, and no if your wondering, Im not jealous! I have my own money thanks. She is so nasty someone please tell her to put on a bra, dont get me wrong maybe if she had some nice boobs to look at, but please cover up know one wants to see that. I hope they to read this because my husband will not watch the show because she looks so nasty.......Sorry we dont like it...

Anonymous said...

I THINK THAT THE SHOW IS REALLY GOOD! I TIVO IT TO MAKE SURE THAT I NEVER MISS AN EPISODE! BUT, I BELIEVE THAT THE LITTLE GIRL NEEDS TO BE SHOWN A LITTLE MORE ATTENTION. YOU ALWAYS SEE THEM TALKING ABOUT THE NEW BABY OR DOTING ON "THEIR" SON, AS THE LITTLE GIRL STANDS ON THE SIDE AND IS IGNORED. IF I WERE HER FATHER, MY CHILD WOULD BE OUTA THERE! IT IS SAD TO WATCH AT TIMES!

Anonymous said...

I really really do agree with the last blog. They give very little attention to the young girl. The show is OK. I have a child for another man and now my daughter has a step-father. He or I would never put her aside. Now she really is his little girl, and he is not her real father.( he is her daddy) There is a difference. She loves and trust him more than her real father, because he has always been there for her. Anyway enough about my life. Pay attention to the little girl you will reget it in the long run!!!!! Just trying to help, everyone can use a little advise.

Anonymous said...

I love meet the barkers. The kids are so cute. I saw Alabama on this weeks episode, and she is adorable. Shanna and Travis make such a good couple, and even better parents.

Anonymous said...

I hope meet the barkers comes back for a 3rd season. That show rocked!!